Canadian History Essays: Explore the Country of the Maple Leaf
Canadian history essays provide you with an opportunity to explore the past of one of the most beautiful countries in the world. If you are struggling with your Canadian history essay, do not despair! Simply follow our guide to writing Canadian history essays and enjoy it!
Canadian History Essays: What to Write about
Canadian history is rich with determining events, and therefore you have a wide choice of topics for your Canadian history essays. Consider just a few:
- the discovery, exploration, and colonization of Canada;
- the rivalry of the French and the English;
- the Canadian struggle for self-government;
- Canada in the two World Wars; etc.
Canadian History Essays: Where to Find Information
Canadian history is a topic quite rarely discussed among the general public. Therefore, you are likely to find appropriate sources for Canadian history essays mostly in specialized literature. Consider the following options:
- articles on Canadian history in peer-reviewed journals on history;
- encyclopedia entrees on Canadian history;
- documentary films on Canadian history;
- primary historical sources; etc.
Canadian History Essays: How to Put It All Together
Having defined the major focus of your Canadian history essay and found the necessary information, get down to writing it. Since it is necessary to arrange your ideas in an orderly way, consider the following tips for your Canadian history essay:
- think of the argument you want to make in your Canadian history essay: is it description, comparison and contrast, or proving a point?
- think of the supporting ideas that can illustrate your points;
- find appropriate examples to make your ideas more clear.