A Dissertation Introduction: Let Me Introduce My Project!
Well, we are sure you have some basic information about writing a dissertation introduction. You know that:
- a dissertation introduction is a really important component of your project;
- a dissertation introduction should be attention-grabbing and a bit intriguing so that to get the reader involved;
- a dissertation introduction should provide all necessary information about your project, your objectives, and so on.
You also know that a standard dissertation introduction consists of the following elements:
- Statement of the problem you are going to address;
- Overview of the problem;
- Your major objectives;
- Specific research questions you intend to answer;
Well, these are general facts about dissertation introductions, and it seems like you know how this part of your project should be completed. However, when it comes to writing a dissertation introduction, many students feel stuck and have no idea what exactly should be written.
Thus, let us provide you with some practical tips for making dissertation introductions.
Decide when it is better for you to complete the dissertation introduction. Sometimes, it is recommended that this part should be done at the end. Yet, we insist that the dissertation introduction should go first. Just write a draft and make some changes and improvements to it in the course of research.
Before you start working on the dissertation introduction, consult your supervisor about all standards you have to meet.
Always start with background of the problem. Keep track of recent debates, some changes related to your topic and discuss them in the introduction. Decide whether your introductory paragraph will be detailed or you will focus on some specific points.
Do not hesitate to visit our blog if you have problems with a dissertation conclusion and other parts of your project.