About UMI Distinguished Dissertations Awards
Are you dreaming about the UMI distinguished dissertations award? Do you want to make your UMI dissertation distinguished? Then this article will be useful to you. Here you will find information about everything you need to get the UMI distinguished dissertations award.
UMI distinguished dissertations: what are they all about?
Usually, UMI distinguished dissertations are dissertations that made unusually significant and original contributions to their academic field. The authors of the best UMI dissertations are granted with the awards sponsored by UMI (University Microfilms International).
How can you get UMI distinguished dissertations awards?
If you are sure that your dissertation deserves awarding, you may ask your supervisor or program director to help you. It will be your first step to getting the UMI distinguished dissertations award.
Next you should know about is the nomination procedure. So, you should submit the documents presented below:
- A support letter from your Graduate School Dean;
- A letter from your program director or supervisor. The reasons for your nomination should be explained in this letter. Your supervisor/program director should also explain why your original research is significant and what its value is.
- A copy of the examiner’s pre-defence report. This report should be dated and signed. Otherwise, your Graduate School Dean will not authenticate it.
- Your dissertation abstract. It should be no more than 350 words.
- Your CV
- Your name, address, and contacts.
Do you need useful tips that can enhance your chances to get the UMI distinguished dissertations award? Here they are:
- Write your abstract in a non-technical language. Even a non-specialist should understand what your work is about.
- Take the task philosophically. If you do not win in the UMI distinguished dissertations competition, it does not mean your project deserves nothing.
Now, all we want to wish you is good luck at the UMI distinguished dissertations competition!